WHAT IS CAL-PLUS® WITH BIOTIN?
CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN is a calcium, biotin and vitamin supplement for healthy, strong bones and hooves in horses. Specifically, it is:
- A treatment that promotes the growth and formation of the hoof as well as the integrity of the hoof wall
- A preventative and remedy for brittle, cracked and broken hooves
- Horses on grain-based diets or those fed on sub-tropical grasses and hays.
- Foals, young horses and pregnant mares.
- Horses with hoof problems, such as cracks, brittleness and separation of the white-line.
- Racing, working, pleasure and stud horses to prevent and treat deficiencies of biotin, calcium, vitamin A and D.
WHY CHOOSE CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN?
- Three forms of calcium and important co-factors – For maximum calcium absorption and uptake.
- Optimal calcium:phosphorus ratios
- Combination of calcium and biotin improves hoof quality – By correcting loss of structure on the outside layers of the hoof wall as well as formation of the cells in the inner two layers of the hoof wall.
- Aids in the prevention of bone disorders, shin soreness and joint injuries related to training or inadequate calcium intake or availability.
- Sub-tropical grasses such as pangola, kikuyu, buffalo, green panic, para or setania contain high oxalate levels which bind calcium, making it unavailable for horses. CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN can provide much needed calcium for any horses feeding on sub-tropical grasses.